KISSING EYES MAGAZINE

KISSING EYES MAGAZINE.Photography.Art.Music

Carla Barth





































Where are you from/based now?

Porto Alegre -RS- Brasil
35 years old


What is your background as an artist?

Born in Porto Alegre -RS- Brasil, I grew up in the studio of my parents in and art has become a natural part of my life. I started some activities in 2005, along with the Coletivo Upgrade do Macaco. Later on I took some theoretical and practical art classes. I have had my work displayed in individual and collective exhibitions in Brazil and Taiwan, italy, Spain, USA, and France.


Could you tell us a little about your work, the characters in it and the process you go through?

I work a lot with image appropriation and my process counts on intuition a lot, I have been interested in the process of human transformation, the search for the self, growth and aging


You paint, draw and sculpt, what is your preferred medium, if you have one?

I prefer to draw.


Who or what inspires you?


Chris Burden+ Raymond Pettibon + David Hockney + Alexandro Jodorowsky + Jeanne Dunning + Jung + Alex Grey + Hakim Bay + Guy Debord + André Breton + Harmony Korine + Henry Rousseau + Marina Abramovic + Santiago Sierra + Hélio Oiticica +Daisuke Ichiba+ Ex Votos + Fábio Zimbres+ Maya Deren...


Is there anyone in particular you think we should check out?

The book " Vaga em Campo de Rejeito" it's a Areal project from Brazil "Wave Field Reject is the book-work-book-report of a work by the artist Maria Helena Bernardes in Arroyo dos Ratos (RS). In the book the artist account all stages of this work, which consisted of the construction of a vacancy, the same found between two buildings in the center of the city, over a field of waste, where formerly was extracted coal". And the Minerva Cuevas's project

Are you working on a project at the moment?

Oh, just finishing a book about my work...

Website
Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment