KISSING EYES MAGAZINE

KISSING EYES MAGAZINE.Photography.Art.Music

Ylenia Arca





















Where are you from/based now?

I'm from Verona, Italy but now I'm temporarily based in Madrid for work.


What is your background in photography? What got you started?

I don't really have any background, I've never studied in a photography school or taken classes; I started when I was younger with my father's reflex, since then I've never stopped. It's only in the last few years that I've been taking photos in a more conscious and serious way, looking at the work of other photographers, both the big photographers and the unknown.


What equipment do you use?

Mainly I use a medium format Yashica Mat 124G, but I have also used other cameras.


What is your creative process?

It's mostly spontaneous, normally I just walk around with my camera and I take pictures of things that impress me.


What drives you to keep taking photos?

I like how I feel when I'm shooting and it's one of the best way to express myself and my interests.


Who or what inspires you?

I'm inspired by the relationship between nature and architecture or any artificial objects. Looking everyday at other peoples work on internet it is also a great insipiration; here are just a couple of names of friends that I admire: Milo MontelliAlessandro Calabrese.


What does the future hold for your photography? Where do you want to go with it?

I would like to collaborate with someone to develop a common project that could give me the chance to investigate through photography themes that I am interested in : architecture, landscapes, urban and social dynamics.


No comments:

Post a Comment