KISSING EYES MAGAZINE

KISSING EYES MAGAZINE.Photography.Art.Music

Jordi Huisman




















































Where are you from/based now?

I'm from Almere, a city close to Amsterdam. I've been living in Amsterdam for years now.


What is your background in Photography? What got you started?

About ten years ago I bought a simple point and shoot digital camera. That got me started, and three years later I applied for the art academy and got accepted. 


What equipment do you use?

For assignments I use a Canon 5D mk3 with assorted prime L lenses. For free work I use a Mamiya 7 and a Toyo 4x5


What are your feelings on Film Vs Digital?

I like the speed and flexibility digital offers. Wouldn't want to do my assignments with film. But at the same time, it's the relatively inflexible and slow process of film that gives me completely different images. I'm much more focussed when shooting film.


Do you have a creative process? Are your shots planned or spontaneous?

I'd say it's very spontaneous. I'm always looking for somewhat awkward or funny moments or compositions. I do plan going to certain areas to find those moments though. But I don't think about what I want to do too much. I tend to analyse what I did afterwards.


Who or what inspires you?

Art, books, movies. And of course other photographers.


Is there a particular set of images or a photo book that you keep coming back to for inspiration?

Yes. For some reason I keep on looking at Sleeping by the Mississippi by Alec Soth and The Long River bij Nadav Kander. The work of Iwan Baan inspires me very much as well.


Are you working on a project at the moment?

I'm doing my Rear Window series in different European capitals. But at the moment, I'm quite busy with assignments.

Website
Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment