KISSING EYES MAGAZINE

KISSING EYES MAGAZINE.Photography.Art.Music

Pia Riverola























































Where are you from/based now?

I am from Barcelona now living in NY
I moved here 3 months ago and Im planning on staying here for one more year


What is your background in Photography? What got you started?

Ive been taking pictures for some time now. I tried to study photography but i did not like it as much so I kept doing it on my own.
My memory is really bad so pictures help me remember moments and things, it sounds as if I am 90 but I'm 23 , haha


What equipment do you use?

I use a contax normally but I like to try out different cameras too.


What are your feelings on Film Vs Digital?

I prefer film, it is more fun. You can't really know exactly what you will get so the mystery remains a bit.
I like digital cameras too, I think its a really practical and comfortable way to know perfectly whats going on and to correct things on the moment. I recently got myself a digital camera so I'm not against
I just tend to think film is more exciting


Do you have a creative process? Are your shots planned or spontaneous?

I try all my shots to be as spontaneous as they can be, I just take pictures at the things and people around me.
I dont like to modify reality because it never ends up as I imagined, so I prefer to take pictures as things are


Who or what inspires you?

I have to say since I've been in the US everything inspires me very much. Something is always happening to picture it, even when nothing is going on something is.
Everything is really huge so I'm under the impression that theres so much more to see and live here
I hate when i don't have my camera because I have the feeling I may loose a good shot.


Is there a particular photographer, site, set of images or a photo book that you keep coming back to for inspiration?

Im not sure, I love to go around the internet and see different sites, and there is so many good things out there, I also try to buy as many books and zines i can.


Are you working on a project at the moment?

Yes, lately I was lucky to get the chance to go on a John Talabot and The XX music tour around the US, so I got to see many cities and really interesting places.
My boyfriend and I videotaped the tour so we are working with the footage and the pictures right now.

Website
Tumblr
Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment