KISSING EYES MAGAZINE

KISSING EYES MAGAZINE.Photography.Art.Music

Marek Wykowski































































What is your background in Photography?

I have no formal education in photography. It is just a hobby that evolved over the time.


What keeps you interested?

I keep asking myself this question.


What equipment do you use?

I like the combination of Pentax 67 lenses with Portra.


What is the first photo you see when you wake up?

We have a collection of old photographs in our living room – this must be it.


Do you take one shot of a subject then move on or will you take several and decide on the best in editing?

Unless I am shooting a portrait of a stranger, I will take several photos with a pocket digital camera and then shoot the one that I like most with the film camera.


How often do you go out shooting?

2-3 times a year for one week approximately


If you could spend a day shooting with another photographer, who would it be?

I don’t think that following strictly someone’s work is the way to go.


Is there a particular photographer, site, set of images or a photo book that you keep coming back to for inspiration?

That changes constantly. Maybe Alec Soth. His work somehow evolves along my interests.


Are you working on a project at the moment?

I am working on ideas.


1 comment:

  1. I just discovered Marek, wonderful pics which I like very much. But I guess he has some books of Joel Meyerowitz in his book shelf...

    ReplyDelete