KISSING EYES MAGAZINE

KISSING EYES MAGAZINE.Photography.Art.Music

Milica Stefanovic




















































Where are you from/based now?

I am from Belgrade, Serbia.


What is your background in photography? What got you started?

My father was a photographer, so it came naturally. I grew up messing around with his cameras. At an early age he got me a point and shoot camera so I could take pictures of my friends from school and of us during family vacations. I always enjoyed taking photographs, but I believe that in a last couple of years I've been much more passionately into it than I ever was before.


What equipment do you use?

I use Kiev 4 and Olympus mju II. Two of my favorite cameras.


What are your feelings on film vs digital?

I go for film. I love the slower process of getting to the results. That excitement from getting the film developed and then rushing home to see what's captured is one of the best feeling and little "rituals" for me. Also the number of frames prevents you from clicking the button randomly. It makes you think for a bit before you decide to photograph something.


What is your creative process, are all your pictures spontaneous?

Most of my photographs are spontaneous, yes. I let myself to be led by intuition and then, in time, create a story from my images.


What do you look for when making pictures?

I am definitely trying to make a statement of some sort, something rather intimate and psychological. I see it as an ability to capture something, so I try to present my point of view of the things that I am seeing.
I tend to make pictures that are quite tense and dark. I like that. I feel they describe me the best. However, I can't say that I have absolutely found my own photographic language, but I am getting to it, I hope.


Who or what inspires you?

Music always inspires me; my favorite painters such as Anselm Kiefer, Leon Golub, Zoran Music, and photographers John Pfahl, Thomas de Sweertvaegher and Marina Richter.


Are you working on a project at the moment?

I am more focused on painting and drawing right now, but I am always taking pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment